Services for the BU Community: Computing & Printing
Research computers are located in the Pappas Reading Room and at the Law Annex. These computers provide access to legal resources available on-site to non-law visitors. Each computer has been profiled with a suite of software to assist with legal research.
Printing is available to Mugar Commons printers through MyPrint accounts. Local printing is available by purchasing a print/copy card.
From Library Computers:
We recommend that you select double-sided printing whenever possible to maximize your 1000 sheet per semester MyPrint allotment.
Laptop users will need to install the printers following the instructions on the MyPrint site.
If you are unable to configure your laptop via these instructions or would like assistance, please visit the SysTech Office at Mugar Commons.
Windows users: Download and run the executable by visiting our Pharos Uniprint site and clicking on the link for LAW-S1770LPS_Student_Printing.
MAC users: Download and run the Pharos Popup Client for Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.7. Double-click on Popup.dmg. To add your printer go to Printer Setup on your laptop. In the Type menu select Pharos Print Server. In the URL field enter: popup://18.104.22.168/student_printing. In the Name field enter: Library Printer. In the Print Using menu select: Generic PostScript Printer. Finish setup.
If you are unable to configure your laptop via these instructions or would like assistance, please visit the Law SysTech Office in room 1770. Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Select “Print...” from your application.
- Choose the printer with your desired location and format.
- Release your print job from the BU MyPrint website.
- Pick up your document at the appropriate location within 3 business days.
- Select "Print..." from your applications.
- Choose Lib_Card_Printer as the destination.
- In the resulting pop-up window select user and job name.
- Go to any print station terminal at the desired printer and follow the onscreen prompts to retrieve your job.
- When prompted, swipe your copy/print card through the reader.
Updated: August 2012