Classes & Orientation for Tax Law LL.Ms
The library offers extensive orientation and training programs, as well as research guides for Tax Law LL.M. students.
The reference librarians offer Library Tours and Introductions to Law School Computing and opportunities for Lexis and Westlaw training.
Lexis and Westlaw passwords, provided in orientation packets, may be used for all law school related research. The library also provides students with access to printing, scanning and copying services.
All BU Law students have access to research guides for U.S., international, and foreign law research. Students in the Graduate Tax Program may find Tax Law Research Guide, the subject guide to electronic resources for Tax research, and the Tax Law Research Portal especially helpful.
Beyond our research guides, an experienced reference staff is available to assist you seven days a week.
Library tours are available on request (contact Steve Donweber at firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, there will be voluntary training on the major tax databases, Checkpoint, CCH Intelliconnect, and the BNA Tax Management Library on the following dates:
- September 5, 2012 – Wednesday – 2:30pm to 4:00pm in room 334.
- September 12, 2012 – Wednesday – 2:30pm to 4:00pm in room 334.
Lexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law
Training (voluntary) on the above databases will be conducted on the following days:
- Lexis: September 21, 2012 at 3pm in room 334.
- Westlaw: September 21, 2012 at 2pm in room 334.
- Bloomberg: September 20, 2012 at 2pm in room 334.
Distribution: Your passwords were distributed with your registration materials. Please take a moment to locate these documents.
Registration: You must register your passwords. The passwords will not work unless you register them! Registration takes only a few minutes. If you have questions about the registration process, please stop by the reference desk in the Reading Room, 2nd floor of the Law Tower, for assistance.
- Lexis password registration page
- Westlaw password registration page
- Bloomberg Law password registration page
There several ways to print at the law school:
- MyPrint: All BU Law students receive a 1000 sheet allotment per semester that may be used at any MyPrint location throughout the campus. In the law school, these are located in room 320. We recommend that you select double-sided printing whenever possible to maximize your MyPrint allotment.
- Click here to access your MyPrint Account, release jobs or view your Myprint balance
- Wireless Printing: Students may use either their MyPrint account to send jobs to any MyPrint location or the library copy card printers.
- Copy card printing: Students may purchase a card for printing at library printers and copying. Library printers are located in the Pappas and Annex reading rooms, and in rooms 320 and 370 of the law tower.
Scanners are available in the Pappas copy room and the Annex. There is a document scanner in room 320.
Copiers are available in the Pappas Copy Room and the Annex.
The reference librarians have law degrees as well as library school degrees. Our reference desk is staffed 7 days a week, 7 or more hours a day. Reference assistance is available in person, by phone, email, chat, or by scheduling a reference appointment.
Reference librarians can help you navigate our collection and will answer questions about the many legal and non-legal resources at your disposal. We look forward to meeting and working with you!
The law school and the university subscribe to hundreds of databases that provide legal and non-legal information. We invite you to explore the large collection of databases and research guides provided by the Pappas Law Library. Most of the databases are available for home use.
Page maintained by Steve Donweber
Last updated: June 2013