Externships and Semester-in-Practice
Gain real-world practical skills in settings that include the state and federal judiciary as well as a wide variety of practice areas:
- Affordable Housing: intern at a state, local or nonprofit community development organization
- Community Courts: work with a judge in a community-based state court
- Government Lawyering Externship Program: work at a state or federal government placement, including the U.S. Attorney’s Office or the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
- Health Law Externship Program: work at a health care institution, biotech firm or health advocacy nonprofit
- Judicial Externship Program: work at a trial or appellate court in the Massachusetts or federal court system
- Legal Externship Program: work at a nonprofit, government, law firm (pro bono work), or in-house counsel placement
- Semester-in-Practice Program: spend a semester working full time for credit at an externship placement through one of the following options:
- Human Rights Externship in Geneva
- Government Lawyering in Washington, D.C.
- Death Penalty Externship in Atlanta
- Independent Proposal Externship
View links at left for more program details.