If you are a full-time student at one of BU Law’s foreign exchange partners and are interested in spending a semester or year at BU Law, you should contact your program director to learn about your school's application process and deadlines.
Our Partner Institutions Include:
- Basel University ( Switzerland)
- Bucerius Law School (Germany)
- Graduate Institute of International Development Studies (Switzerland)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- University of Leiden (The Netherlands)
- University of Tel Aviv (Israel)
- Université Jean Moulin, Lyon 3 (France)
- Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II) (France)
- University of Hong Kong (China)
- University of Florence (Italy)
- University of Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE) (Spain)
If you are nominated by your school to attend BU Law as a Visiting Foreign Exchange Student under an exchange agreement, you need to complete application forms, a personal statement, letter of recommendation, TOEFL scores and financial documentation. Information about the required application materials can be found here.
After reviewing your completed application materials, including the necessary financial documentation, the Office of Graduate and International Programs will forward your information to Boston University’s International Students and Scholars Office. The ISSO will then begin to process your visa materials. The law school’s Office of Graduate and International Programs will be in contact with you about pre-departure information and registration matters well in advance of your anticipated visit.
All BU Law students – including J.D. students, LL.M. students and Visiting Foreign Exchange students – live in off-campus housing. Namely, they rent apartments in neighboring areas near the law school. The Office of Graduate and International Programs will be in contact with nominated students with information about how to secure accommodations and will provide real estate broker lists as well as access to the University’s electronic housing database.
Please direct all questions and inquiries about your visit to:
Office of Graduate and International Programs
Boston University School of Law
765 Commonwealth Avenue - Room 1534
Boston, MA 02215
John N. Riccardi
Assistant Dean for Graduate & International Programs
Senior Program Coordinator