JD Program Overview
Our JD program integrates an academically rigorous curriculum with professional training in critical lawyering skills to prepare you for the new world of law. With a low faculty/student ratio in our classrooms and clinics, you will receive a highly personalized educational experience. Your BU Law education will set the foundation for your future career and provide you with learning opportunities that will last a lifetime:
- Choose from over 200 classes that cover legal topics from international human rights to banking regulation
- Concentrate your studies in a specific area of law, such as Health Law or Intellectual Property, which US News & World Report consistently ranks among the Top 10 programs
- Develop your professional lawyering skills in our many clinics and externships, where you work on real cases covering issues from human trafficking to housing law, and in the 1L Lawyering Lab, which helps develop your contract drafting, negotiation, and client counseling skills through a week-long simulation in a transactional setting
- Cultivate your ideas by co-authoring a paper with one of our exceptional professors
- Pursue one of 18 dual degrees at BU or with a foreign university in disciplines from Chinese law to public health
- Fast-track to earning both a JD and LLM in Banking & Financial Law or Taxation in three years through our accelerated six-semester enrollment options.
- Or earn both your JD and MBA in Law and Management in three years through our accelerated option.
- Pursue one of 21 foreign study opportunities in South America, Asia, Europe or the Middle East