Student Affairs ensures that students have the dynamic, academically challenging and supportive environment needed for law school success. The Office is the center of many advising and support activities, providing academic information, counseling resources and personal guidance to BU Law students.
The law school experience is exciting, challenging and, at times, difficult. Our staff is committed to helping students succeed at every step—from their first day, through their upperclass years. Through a combination of outstanding teaching, on-going guidance and support and community-building events, our goal is to create the best possible learning environment.
What we do:
- Provide "Academic Enhancement" workshops that address common issues of law school life and offer tangible changes you can make outside the classroom to improve your class work, study habits and overall well-being during law school.
- Host first-year orientation
- Organize faculty brown bag lunch talks on current legal issues and workshops on issues like exam-taking skills
- Provide advice, support and programming for diverse students
- Organize J.D. advising programs
- Provide counseling & disability resources and referrals
- Provide support for student organizations
- Communicate BU Law news and events