Wendell C. Taylor
BS, College of William and Mary
JD, Boston University School of Law
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendell Taylor currently works in business development at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
Mr. Taylor was formerly the Director of Outreach at WilmerHale, which he joined in 1995. Mr. Taylor served on the firm’s Executive and Hiring Committees, and was co-chair of the Diversity Committee.
Mr. Taylor’s practice focuses on domestic and international corporate transactions, including venture capital financings, initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and continuing public company reporting requirements.
Mr. Taylor has worked with a variety of national and international public companies, including BE Semiconductor Industries N.V., Bookham Technology plc, The Medicines Company and PerkinElmer, Inc. He has represented issuers such as BioTransplant Incorporated and Diacrin, Inc., and leading underwriters including Goldman Sachs & Co., Deutsche Bank AG and Morgan Stanley, in numerous public and private offerings. In addition, Mr. Taylor has represented both buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions, including Bookham Technology PLC’s acquisition of New Focus, Inc. and Diacrin, Inc.’s merger with Genvec, Inc.
Mr. Taylor has an active pro bono practice, which includes providing legal services to the firm’s non profit partners in the Youth and Education Initiative.
Honors and Awards
- Honored by Massachusetts Lawyers’ Weekly in 2006 for his career achievements, continued work with the young people of Boston and his commitment to diversity at the firm
- Recognized as a “New England Super Lawyer” in the 2007 issue of Boston Magazine. Also named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyers’ Rising Star” in corporate finance in the 2005 and 2006 issues.
- Selected as one of Boston Business Journal’s “40 under 40;” noted not only for his exceptional legal work, but also his dedication to Boston’s youth
- Participant, WilmerHale Youth and Education Initiative
- Participant, Boston Scholars Program, Partnership, Inc.
- Member, Partnership, Inc.
- Alumnus, Boston Fellows Program