BU Law Ranks #9 for Alumni Named Big Law Partners in 2013
Boston University School of Law ranks ninth in the nation for the number of alumni who were promoted from associate to partner at the 250 largest U.S. law firms in 2013, according to the National Law Journal. Seventeen BU Law graduates made partner last year, according to the NLJ’s annual ranking of “Go-To Law Schools,” placing BU Law ahead of UCLA, Stanford, UC-Berkeley and Vanderbilt.
“Our graduates are well-prepared for the professional demands of big law practice,” says BU Law Dean Maureen A. O’Rourke. “Large firms that hire our graduates get practice-ready associates with the the talent and determination to rise to the partner level.”
Additionally, the NLJ identified the 50 law schools with the highest percentage of 2013 J.D. graduates hired by the largest 250 firms. BU Law ranks 24th, with 20% of its 2013 graduates accepting positions with those firms.
Data for the “Go-To” law schools and alumni partnership rankings was compiled from the NLJ’s annual survey, ALM Media LLC’s RivalEdge database, and independent reporting.
Reported February 25, 2014
- BU Law congratulates alumni who made partner in 2013
- BU Law to Award New Fellowship to Students to Work as Public Defenders
- Middlesex DA hires three BU Law class of 2013 alumni
- BU Law students to receive free membership to Boston Bar Association
- BU Law Ranks #21 in Big Law Hires and Federal Clerkships