Merrimack College, Andover, MA
B.S., magna cum laude, Business / Accounting
Bentley College, Waltham, MA
MBA, with distinction, Finance and Marketing concentration
Boston University, Boston MA
Adjunct Faculty (2001-present)
Instructor in a variety of accounting courses:
- Undergraduate School of Management: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting
- Graduate School of Management: Financial Reporting and Control
- School of Law: Principals of Accounting
- College of Engineering, Graduate Distance Learning Program: Financial Management
BWRE, Exeter, NH
Principal and co-owner of this investment company managing personal assets of principals. Investments are focused on early stage and start up opportunities. Currently invested in real estate services and development and mortgage services.
APOGEE Group, Chelmsford, MA
Principal in this business consulting group. Specialized in development and implementation of exit strategies for small and medium privately help companies by assisting clients in formalizing their exit goals, improving their business models and executing marketing and sales plans to accomplish those goals.
Protocol Marketing Group, Inc., Boston, MA
Chief Financial Officer, Co- Founder (1997- 2001)
- Manage all financial functions, including accounting, legal, treasury, M&A
- Co-Founded and built this $225M Marketing Services company from start up in 1997
- Built and managed entire finance organization, strategic planning group, M&A group
- Raised over $300M in financing, including private equity, Sr. and Mezzanine debt. Lead $125m IPO planned for March 2000
- Principally responsible for 18 acquisitions, ranging in size from $3M to $35M, from selection through financing and contract negotiation to integration
Scitex America, Corp., Bedford, MA
Vice President Marketing and Business Operations (1994-1996)
Vice President Finance, CFO (1993-1994)
Vice President Customer Support (1991-1993)
Controller / Planning Director (1985–1987)
- Key member of executive team which oversaw growth from $35MM to over $750MM
- Managed two sales divisions, Latin America and National accounts, exceeding goals in all periods
- Successfully introduced over 10 new products. Developed and implemented new Life Cycle Planning Process, which was adopted by entire company to guide product development and launch.
- Structured and negotiated a first of its kind, $350MM, five year customer finance program which covered 65% of equipment sales.
- Designed and implemented reorganization of service delivery systems, which yielded demonstrated efficiency gains of over 45%. Exceeded profit targets in all periods.
Lexidata Corporation, Billerica, MA
Director, Finance and Administration (1984-1985)
Controller, Sales, Marketing, Service (1983-1984)
Manager, General Accounting (1981-1983)
General Accountant (1979-1981)
- Successive responsibilities in Finance and Accounting for this fast growth, high-tech start-up
- Primary accounting responsibility for $25M Initial Public Offering.
- Developed and implemented all accounting and reporting systems, both for internal and external (SEC) requirements.
- Co-authored 3 year strategic plan.