Ian M. Wenniger
Bingham McCutchen LLP
Bingham McCutchen LLP Boston, Massachusetts and London, England
Partner, 2002 to present
Associate, 1993 to 2001
Partner in Bingham McCutchen's Boston office and a member of the
firm's Bank, Commercial and Structured Finance practice group. Practice
currently focuses on a second lien (or "Tranche B") lending
transactions and other complex loans, including debtor-in-possession lending,
financings of companies emerging from bankruptcy protection and acquisition
financings. Representative recent transactions include:
- representing the second lien lenders in the acquisition financing of
a New York-based fine jewelry and homewares retailer;
- representing the senior lenders in the multi-tranche exit financing
of the nation's largest provider of cranes and lifting equipment;
- representing senior lenders in the financing of a national sportswear
retailer's emergence from bankruptcy protection.
Resident in Bingham McCutchen's London office from 1996 to 1998 and from 2001 to 2004. While in London practice was focused on representing institutional investors in cross-border private placement and bank lending transactions as well as representing institutional investors and other creditors in cross-border workouts and financial restructurings. Major workout assignments while based in London included representing noteholders and/or bondholders in:
- the financial restructuring of Marconi plc and Marconi Corporation
plc through schemes of arrangement in the United Kingdom;
- the recapitalization of Mikron AG, a Swiss manufacturing company; and
- the restructuring of Completed Europe N.V., a telecommunications company operating in France, through Dutch akkord proceedings.
Panelist and contributor, Creating and Enforcing Corporate Guarantees seminar,
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, February 2005.
Education and Qualifications
Columbia University School of Law, Juris Doctor 1993
- James Kent Scholar (1992 - 1993)
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar (1991 - 1992)
Columbia College, Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts, 1988
Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Registered Foreign Lawyer with The Law Society of England and Wales.