Michael J. LaCascia
Lecturer in Law
Partner, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
A.B., cum laude, Harvard University, 1986
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1990, Editor, Annual Review of Banking Law
Michael LaCascia is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group. He joined the firm in 1990.
Mr. LaCascia's practice primarily involves mergers and acquisitions of both publicly traded and private companies, advising financial advisors in connection with mergers and acquisition activities, public offerings of securities (as both issuer's and underwriter's counsel), venture capital work and general corporate work for ongoing clients.
Mr. LaCascia has represented buyers and sellers in public and private transactions, including the following:
- Kronos Incorporated's $1.9 billion sale to Hellman & Friedman
- Infinity Pharmaceutical's reverse merger with Discovery Partners
- IDX Systems' $1.2 billion sale to GE
- SilverStream Software, Inc.'s $158 million disposition to Novell, Inc.
- Innoveda, Inc.'s $212 million disposition to Mentor Graphics Corporation
- PerkinElmer, Inc.'s $600 million acquisition of Packard BioScience Company
- CMGI, Inc.'s $1.8 billion acquisition of AdForce, Inc.
- CMGI, Inc.'s $2.5 billion acquisition of Flycast Communications Corp.
- NMT Medical, Inc.'s $50 million disposition of its vena cava filter business to C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Spring Tide Networks' $1.5 billion sale to Lucent Technologies
- AMI Leasing's sale to Ford Motor Credit Company
- EnergyNorth Inc.'s $250 million sale to Eastern Enterprises (Boston Gas)
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.'s sale of its Mauna La'i product line
- Nordica N.V.'s acquisition of Rollerblade, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in the November 2004 edition of Boston Magazine as a "Massachusetts Super Lawyer" in mergers and acquisitions
Back to Faculty Profiles