Planning an Event
If you are a BU Law faculty or staff member planning an event at BU Law School, please follow these steps:
- Check the online event calendar and the Master Planning Calendar to see if your desired date/time has any existing conflicts.
- If you see an existing conflict but would like to move forward with your event, please reach out to the group organizing the conflicting event to discuss. If both parties agree, the event can move forward despite the overlap.
- If there are no conflicts, please add your event to the Master Planning Calendar. Include date, time, location, and audience. Each department should have a representative who is responsible for adding their events to the master calendar. Indicate if your event should be excluded from the student version of the Master Planning Calendar. This is a version available to leaders of student organizations for their planning purposes.
- Reserve room for your event.
- Post your event on the online event calendar, unless it is an internal meeting or for a very specific small group of people. Please note the reason for exclusion of any Master Planning Calendar events from the online event calendar in an email to Elizabeth Clancey.
- On the online event calendar, all BU Law-sponsored events should be selected to appear on the BU Law home page calendar, as well as on the appropriate sub-calendars (JD Central, LLM Central, Career Development Office, Library, Faculty/Staff, Alumni).
- Continue to update the calendar as new information becomes available.
- Read the Event How-To Guide. It contains the key contacts and institutional processes for arranging room reservations, catering, photography, videotaping, BU Police details, guest parking, event rentals, and AV needs, as well as steps for promoting your event on the BU Law Events Calendar, website, Visix screens, and social media channels.
- If you have additional questions, email them to Elizabeth Clancey.
The following departments within BU Law coordinate events:
- Admissions Office
- Alumni Office
- Graduate Program in Banking & Financial Law
- Career Development & Public Service Office
- Communications & Marketing
- Clinical & Advocacy Programs Office
- Dean’s Office
- Faculty Services
- Financial Aid Office
- Graduate & International Programs
- Graduate Tax Program
- Legal Writing & Appellate Advocacy Programs
- Law Library
- Student Affairs Office
Key Event Contacts
- Event Room Reservations
- BU Productions (video recording): Nancy Marrs
- Event photography & photo shoots: BU Photography
- Food & beverage: Catering on the Charles or Charlie-to-Go
- BUPD police details: Margaret Doyle
- Guest parking passes: Parking & Transportation Services
- Event rentals (high-top tables, special linens, etc.): Peak Event Services
- Room set-up requests: Christina Baires & Linda Skinner
- Facilities fees: Demka Fehric
- Social Media
- Electronic screens
- BU Law website