In-House Counsel Fellowship Program
BU Law's In-House Counsel Fellowship Program gives corporations and not-for-profits the opportunity to hire recent BU Law graduates for one year to work in their legal departments.
Here’s how it works:
- BU Law facilitates an internal search for candidates matching your (the employer’s) specific needs in terms of expertise and experience.
- The employer hires the best-fit BU Law graduate for one year at a reasonable annual salary (comparable to a judicial law clerk).
The fine print:
- The hiring decision remains solely at the discretion of the employer.
- Your legal department will determine the nature and scope of the new attorney’s work while employed.
- The employer will pay the annual salary of approximately $50,000 (or $40,000 for nonprofits).
- There is no expectation that the attorney will continue with the employer beyond the one-year agreement.
Please contact Sara Dana at email@example.com or 617-358-5099 to get started or for more information.
Participating partners have included:
Digitial Credit Union
Massachusetts Gaming Commission
Plymouth Rock Assurance
Learn more about how past fellows have helped their host organization here.