BU Law is fortunate to be part of a dynamic, world-renowned University which provides an abundant amount of resources and information for students. These include health services, housing information, resources for students with children, services for international students, and computer and technology assistance.
LLMs receive dedicated academic guidance and counseling from graduate program directors, who assist students with any personal or academic issues that may arise.
Boston University Student Resources
- Dean of Students Office
- Office of Disability Services
- Student Accounting Services (for questions about insurance)
- Student Health Services (including the Behavioral Medicine Clinic)
- Escort Security Services
- International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO)
- Family Resources
- Parking Information
- Student Employment Office
- University Student Center
- Children’s Center
- Fit-Rec Center
- BU Webmail (for email)
- Student Link (for student records)
- International Student & Scholar Hub
BU Law Student Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- BU Law Libraries
- Academic Calendar
- BU Law Student Organizations
- BU Law Student Government Association (SGA)
- BU Law IS&T (for technology assistance)
- LAW Tuition & Fees
- LAW Financial Aid
BU Law LLM Academic Achievement Resources
- Anatomy of a Case and Basic Case Citation
- Legal English and Short Citation Presentation
- Managing Stress Effectively to Optimize Law School Performance
Counseling & Support Services
- Boston University Educational Resource Center: provides academic support programs to the BU community, helping them excel in their studies.
- Student Health Services, including the Behavioral Medicine Clinic : includes a walk-in medical clinic, in-house laboratory, infirmary, confidential mental health and counseling services, and a crisis intervention counselor.
- Danielsen Institute: Boston University’s confidential mental health care clinic licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders: provides comprehensive cognitive behavioral treatments in individual and group formats, as well as in-depth assessments of psychological functioning.
- Boston University Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center: provides rapid, confidential, compassionate, supportive, and free-of-charge advocacy and assistance to BU students who have experienced a traumatic incident. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual assault, physical assault, interpersonal violence, and other crimes.
- Lawyers Concerned For Lawyers, Inc.: LCL provides confidential counseling services for a wide variety of issues, including depression, anxiety, stress, work/family balance issues, questions related to information that must be reported to the bar authorities and substance abuse.
Take the LCL self-tests for alcohol/drug; depression; bipolar; problem gambling; adult ADHD
International Student Resources
- International Students and Scholars Office: provides essential services and support to students, faculty, and staff to ensure student, scholar, and institutional compliance with federal regulations. The ISSO office provides professional expertise on immigration and employment issues.
- International Students and Scholars Hub: a resource created for international students to help navigate Boston University and the greater Boston area. From Academics to Housing, we have all the resources you need in one spot.
- Center for English Language and Orientation Programs: ensures that students receive the most advanced methods of intensive English instruction from professionals.