Only second- and third-year BU Law students are eligible to participate in the programs. Transfer students from other US law schools are not eligible to participate until they have completed one year of full-time study at BU Law.
- Complete an application and email it, as an attachment, to the Graduate & International Programs Office. You MUST ALSO stop by the Graduate & International Programs Office and sign a release so that we may request a copy of your transcripts from the Registrar’s Office.
- Submit an updated copy of your résumé or CV.
- Submit TWO essays:
- One essay describing your interest in the program and the educational and professional objectives you hope to achieve during your semester abroad;
- A second essay describing a law school class or activity that has had particular significance for you. (If the program is in a foreign language, the second essay should be written in that language.)
- Submit a faculty letter of recommendation. (The faculty member may email the recommendation directly to the Graduate & International Programs Office.)
- Oxford applicants only: submit a writing sample demonstrating your skills in legal research and analysis.
- Complete an interview with Assistant Dean John Riccardi and Associate Director Maureen Tracy Leo.
The application deadline is Tuesday, February 21, 2017
If you would like to learn more or have other questions not answered here, you are welcome to stop by the Graduate & International Program Office (Suite 1003) or email Assistant Dean John Riccardi or Maureen Tracy Leo for more information!