Textbook Information (2016–2017)
Information regarding required texts will be available through the Barnes & Noble at Boston University website. Students are not required to purchase texts through Barnes & Noble at Boston University. When purchasing texts through another vendor be sure to purchase the correct edition; to allow sufficient time for delivery; and to familiarize yourself with the return policies of the vendor. Please note that Barnes & Noble at Boston University is an independent entity and cannot accept returns from other Barnes & Noble sources.
To view your textbooks:
- Have your course confirmation or schedule with course numbers from the Student Link available.
- Visit the Barnes & Noble at Boston University site.
- Enter the semester – “FALL 2016 ONCAMPUS” for fall OR “SPRING ONCAMPUS 2017” for spring.
- Select LAW JD as the department.
- Select the course number and applicable section.
- Add the course.
- These steps may be repeated to add multiple courses before you select “View Your Textbook List”
Course Packets (2016–2017)
Course packets may be available for purchase through FedEx Office, either supplemental to or in lieu of a text. A document is posted below that lists the classes using course packets and their approximate cost.
JD students and LLM. students taking JD courses should check Blackboard Learn for reading assignments and syllabi. At the beginning of the fall semester, First Year Students will be given their first reading assignments in the packet that they receive at Orientation. For all other assignments student should check Blackboard Learn for reading assignments and syllabi.
NOTE: If you have any questions regarding an assignment, please check with the instructor.
All course syllabi are posted on the Blackboard Learn course management system.
Within Blackboard Learn, links to courses in which students are officially enrolled appear in the My Courses tab. Students who are officially enrolled in a course should have access to any posted materials about a week before classes start. Please note that students who enroll after the initial enrollment period (e.g., during Add/Drop) will be added to the course overnight and should have access to course materials the next morning. Materials will generally be accessible from the Course Information & Course Documents sections of the Blackboard Learn course site.
Students who are not enrolled in a course will also be able to view materials for the course through Blackboard Learn. Once students are logged into the system they should select the “All Blackboard Learn Courses” tab. Choose the School of Law folder on the right side of the page and then use the Browse Categories drop down menu to select the semester (for example “Spring 207 [LAW]”). There will be a list of law courses with sites. Once the sites are set up students should have access to the content area with the syllabus and first assignments. If you have issues accessing the Blackboard Learn site please see the faculty member’s assistant for the syllabus or other course material prior to enrolling in the course.
- JD students who cannot log in to the Blackboard Learn system, please visit the School of Law Registrar’s Office. LLM and Exchange students should visit their respective Graduate Programs Office.
- For all questions or problems regarding access to specific courses, please see the faculty member’s assistant.
- Contact Blackboard Learn support (https://learn.bu.edu, Help tab) if you were enrolled or added to a course more than 24 hours ago and do not have the course link in your my Courses tab or if you were enrolled or added to the wrong course section.
- NOTE: Students who subsequently drop a course are not automatically dropped from the Blackboard Learn roster. Please contact the faculty member’s assistant to be manually removed from the roster.