Due April 1, 2018
Renewing your Scholarship

Scholarships that are awarded during the admissions process are renewed each year, at the same amount, while a student completes their six-semester JD degree at the School of Law. Scholarship renewal is not dependent upon a student maintaining a particular cumulative GPA, but does require full-time enrollment.

If you received a scholarship for 2017-18, please complete the following form:

Tax Treatment of Scholarships — In most cases, scholarships are not considered taxable income if they do not exceed tuition & fees. Therefore, they should not be included on your FAFSA or federal income tax return.

For more information see Publication 970, Section 1, Tax Benefits for Education — www.irs.gov/publications.

Federal Financial Aid—Direct Loans & Work-Study

If you are applying for federal financial aid, please submit the following materials:

*Students completing the FAFSA may be asked to submit tax returns to verify the information supplied on the FAFSA.

IRS Data Retrieval

Students who filed their IRS tax return may select the IRS Data Retrieval option on the FAFSA to transfer their tax information to the FAFSA. We strongly recommend that you select this option. This will streamline and expedite the processing of your financial aid application. In most cases students who select this option will not be required to submit their tax returns to the Financial Aid Office.

Important Note — Please be aware that we cannot renew your financial aid or process your loan application(s) if you have a balance grater than $200 on your student account from the prior academic year.