If you are applying for federal loans, please submit the following materials:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), BU code = 002130
- Continuing Student Financial Aid Data Form — To be completed by all students applying for financial aid
- Documents for summer federal loans can be found on the Forms & Resources page
Federal Direct Stafford Loans
- 2017-2018 Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan Request Form
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note — Completed once during your course of study at BU Law
- Entrance Counseling — First-time borrowers only. Students who have borrowed Federal Stafford Loans in prior years through the Direct Loan Program may have this requirement waived.
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
If you are applying for the Graduate PLUS Loan, please submit the following materials:
- 2017-2018 Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Request Form
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note — Completed once during your course of study at BU Law
- Entrance Counseling — First-time borrowers only. Students who have borrowed Federal Graduate PLUS Loans in prior years through the Direct Loan Program may have this requirement waived.
Additional information is available on the Federal Student Aid website.
Perkins Loan borrowers must attend an Exit Counseling Session conducted by the Student Loan Department. The online counseling and the sessions conducted by the Law Financial Aid Office will not fulfill the Exit Counseling requirement for the Perkins Loan.
The Boston University Student Loan Department administers the repayment of Perkins Loans, and assists students with repayment questions, forbearance and deferment options.
Student Loan Department
881 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Perkins Loans may be consolidated with other federal loans (such as Stafford Loans and Direct Loans). Please be aware that when consolidated, Perkins Loans change to unsubsidized loans and lose some loan cancellation benefits. Please contact the Law Financial Aid Office or the Student Loan Department for additional information.
Important Note — Please be aware that we cannot renew your financial aid or process your loan applications if you have a balance greater than $200 on your student account from the prior academic year.