If you’re participating in ceremonies during Commencement Weekend, University-approved regalia is required.
The deadline for renting regalia online and ordering personalized announcements is Sunday, March 25, 2018. Regalia orders placed online before the March 25 deadline are $85, which includes a $10 discount.
Follow the steps below to place your order:
- Visit BU’s Caps, Gowns & Announcements section of the Commencement website
- Click “Place your order today”
- Choose your Graduation Packet
- From the drop down menus, select “On-Campus” and then “JD” or “LLM”
- Click “Cap & Gown” found in the green header at the top of the page
- Complete the order form with your name, program information (Law – JD or Law – LLM) and measurements, and add your order to the shopping cart
- If you’d like to place an order for personalized announcements, diploma frames, etc. you can do so now. Otherwise, proceed to your shopping cart to check-out. For questions and/or further information regarding academic dress and announcements, contact the BU Barnes & Noble at email@example.com or 617-236-7402. For orders placed online before the March 25 deadline, you may pick up your cap & gown at the Barnes & Noble at BU Bookstore from Tuesday, May 1st to Friday, May 11th.
For those students who missed the March 25 online order deadline, you can place your rental order in-store at the Barnes & Noble at Boston University beginning Tuesday, May 1. The rental price for orders placed at the bookstore is $95.
Rentals are on a first-come, first-serve basis, so we encourage you to pick up your rental as early as possible. Please be sure you have the right cap and gown for your degree when you pick them up at Barnes & Noble.
The BU Law regalia you pick up from Barnes & Noble should be red and will look like this:
The BU Law regalia you pick up from Barnes & Noble should be black and will look like this:
Please note that all rented doctoral regalia must be returned by May 30 to avoid late charges. The University will withhold transcripts for any graduate who does not return rented regalia. Return locations will be posted at Barnes & Noble at BU Bookstore.