Counseling and Support
Balancing a rigorous academic schedule, a full extracurricular calendar and an active social life can be overwhelming at times. BU Law, Boston University and the Boston area provide several resources that can help.
- Boston University Educational Resource Center: provides academic support programs to the B.U. community, helping them excel in their studies.
- Student Health Services, including the Behavioral Medicine Clinic : includes a walk-in medical clinic, in-house laboratory, infirmary, confidential mental health and counseling services and a crisis intervention counselor.
- Danielsen Institute: Boston University’s confidential mental health care clinic licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders: provides comprehensive cognitive-behavioral treatments in individual and group formats, as well as in-depth assessments of psychological functioning.
- Lawyers Concerned For Lawyers, Inc.: (LCL) provides confidential counseling services for a wide variety of issues, including depression, anxiety, stress, work/family balance issues, questions related to information that must be reported to the bar authorities and substance abuse.
Take the LCL self-tests for alcohol/drug; depression; bipolar; problem gambling; Adult ADHD
- International Students and Scholars Office: provides essential services and support to students, faculty and staff to ensure student, scholar and institutional compliance with federal regulations. The ISSO office provides professional expertise on immigration and employment issues.
- Center for English Language and Orientation Programs: ensures that students receive the most advanced methods of intensive English instruction from professionals.