Boston University may disclose any of the following items of directory information without the prior written consent of students unless notified in writing to the contrary. Boston University designates these items as directory information:
- Academic program (degree, major, minor)
- Dates of attendance; full - and part-time status
- Degrees, honors, and awards received; hometown for University releases concerning these degrees and honors.
- Email directory lookup
- Local/dorm address* and BU directory phone number
- School or College
- Listing in Commencement Program
- Listing in Bostonia Yearbook
*If the University has only a home address in New England, New Jersey, or New York, it is considered the local address. Changes can be made at any time using the Student Link, or at the Registrar's Office. Students who have restricted their data will not appear in the University Directory published in the fall semester.
**Please note: Data restrictions remain in effect even after graduation. If a student has a data restriction, the Registrar's Office cannot confirm the restricted information without the student's permission. The restriction may be added or reversed by submitting a written and signed request to the Registrar's Office. Current students may change their restriction on the Student Link.