Completion of the following basic Juris Doctor degree requirements are mandatory for graduation. Note: Students should consult the Academic Regulations for a complete description of all the degree requirements, which are summarized below.
- Complete and achieve a passing grade in all first-year courses and satisfactorily complete both the First Year Writing Seminar and First Year Moot Court Program.
- Elect and complete a minimum of 26 credits in any one year and a minimum of 12 credits in any one semester .
- Earn at least 84 passing credits (Classes of 2015 and 2016). Effective for the Class of 2017 and thereafter - earn at least 85 credits.
- Satisfy the professional responsibility requirement in the second or third year.
- Satisfy the professional skills requirement in the second or third year.
- Satisfactorily complete the Upper-Class Writing Requirement in the second or third year.
- Complete Business Fundamentals (effective for the Class of 2017 and thereafter.)
- Complete the Lawyering Lab (effective for the Class of 2017 and thereafter.)
File the graduation application at least four months prior to your date of graduation. The application is available online or in the Registrar's Office.
Commencement activities will be held the weekend of May 15-17, 2015. More information regarding graduation and Commencement activities will be distributed to third-year students in early March.