Registering for a Supervised Research and Writing Project (Independent Study)

Students interested in pursuing a Supervised Research and Writing project with a faculty member must file an Intent Form with the Registrar's Office (room 444). The form is available from the Registrar's Office or online and must be signed by the supervising faculty member and indicate the number of credits the project will fulfill as determined by the supervising faculty member.

Note: Students may not register for an Independent Study project through WebReg.

If a student's supervisor for the project is a part-time member of the School of Law faculty, the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs also must approve the Independent Study and sign the appropriate form.