Room Reservation Procedure
To reserve a classroom for an event in which food is not served:
Reserve with Law Registrar’s Office (4th floor)
To reserve a classroom for an event with food:
Tentatively reserve with Law Registrar's Office (4th floor). Remember to book an additional 15-30 minutes after the event for clean-up. Then follow all steps below:
To reserve Barristers Hall, 12th Floor Lounge, or Law Auditorium:
Reserve with Reservations Manager. Ask if there are other events that will conflict with your event or draw the same audience. Then follow all steps below.
- Obtain and fill out a Room Reservation Form (PDF). Complete all form information, including checklist, and return to Reservations Manager.
- Obtain and fill out a room set-up diagram (if needed)
- Provide Buildings & Grounds Requisition to Reservations Manager if applicable (see room reservation form's checklist)
- Ask if there are other events taking place that may conflict with your event or draw the same audience.
- Return completed reservation form, diagram, and B&G requisition (if needed) to Reservations Manager at least two weeks before your event.
Your reservation will not be finalized until the reservation form and all other paperwork is received and signed by Reservations Manager. When a reservation is approved, a confirmation will be sent.
If the event is not approved, or if the room is unavailable, a memo explaining why the request cannot be accommodated will be sent.
Room Reservation Policies
- Any group interested in reserving space in the School of Law needs to work with the Reservations Manager to make reservations for the Law Auditorium, Barristers Hall and Function Room 1270. The Reservations Manager can be contacted either by phone 617.358.4760 or by email, email@example.com.
- Every group hosting an event after 5pm on weekdays or at any time on Saturday and Sunday are required to have a B&G requisition in order to allow custodial service to unlock and lock the building or rooms and to provide any required set-up or clean-up.
- All rooms are available for reservation by School of Law departments first. We reserve the right to change a reservation due to the needs of the School of Law.
- Food is only allowed in Barristers Hall and Function Room 1270.
- A Room Reservation form must be completed and returned to the Reservations Manager two weeks prior to the requested date. You may come to the Office of Communications on the 4th floor during business hours M-F, 9-5) to pick up a Room Reservation Form. If you would like one sent to you, please call the Reservations Manager at 617.358.4760 or e-mail the Reservations Manager.
- Room Reservation forms are dated and time stamped.
- Reservations are on a "first-come, first-served" basis. However, it will remain the case that all rooms are available for reservation by School of Law departments first, and we reserve the right to change a reservation due to the needs of the School of Law.
- Please note: no space will be reserved until all paperwork has been received and approved.
- If a room reservation request is approved, a confirmation will be sent to the sponsoring group. If the event is not approved, or the room requested is not available, a memo explaining why the request cannot be accommodated will be returned to the requesting group with the original form.
- Cancellations should be directed to the Reservations Manager via telephone 617.358.4760), e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible.