Be a Guest Speaker
There are a wide variety of opportunities for you to share your area of expertise with students at special law school events. Alumni guest speakers provide students with firsthand knowledge about getting acclimated to law school, how to prepare for their legal careers and how to manage their time and competing obligations once they've entered the workforce.
Guest speaking opportunities include:
- Career panels and workshops: speak on job search strategies, career paths, alternative legal careers, public interest jobs, etc. If you're interested, contact Maura Kelly, Director of the Career Development Office at 617.353.3141.
- Minority orientation: be a panelist and speak on study skills, strategies for students and alumni of color, career paths with a law degree, etc.
- Workshops: Speak to students about life management and lawyering skills such as networking, time and stress management, managing a public interest job with high loan debt, etc.
- Diversity Week: Be a panelist or keynote speaker for this annual student-run event in the spring. Share your take on the minority experience at law school and beyond.
- Student organization events: Speak on your area of interest to alumni of a favorite student organization. Several student organizations and journals hold end-of-year dinners where alumni are invited speak.
- Social events: Throughout the year, students and administrators host receptions to bring faculty, students and alumni together. Take part as a speaker at one of these events.