Planned Giving and Bequests
A planned gift offers a number of great benefits. For example, a planned gift offers you the opportunity to maintain control of your assets during your lifetime, take advantage of a number of tax benefits, potentially provide income to yourself or others during your or their lifetime, and leave a legacy at the Boston University School of Law. There are many different forms your gift can take depending on your goals. The fist step is deciding what gift works best with your goals.
- Add a bequest provision to your will and donate your full or partial estate to BU Law
- Create a revocable trust that will benefit BU Law
- Create an charitable gift annuity that will provide you with income during your lifetime and then pass on to BU Law
- Add BU Law as a beneficiary to the residual of your retirement plan
- Transfer ownership of your life insurance policy to BU Law (this can be done during your lifetime)
- Support BU Law and your family with a charitable lead trust, a charitable remainder annuity trust or a charitable remainder unitrust
To learn about these or other BU Law planned giving opportunities please visit the Gift and Estate Planning web site, contact the Office of Gift and Estate Planning or email Law School Leadership Gifts Officer Nate O'Connell.
Office of Gift and Estate Planning
Esdaile Alumni Center