Represent real clients. Gain real-world experience.
Choose from more than 20 different clinics, externships, and semester-in-practice placements—one of the widest selections of any Top 50 law school. Student/faculty ratios in clinics are kept strictly between 5:1 and 8:1 to ensure close, personal contact between professors and students. You will also gain professional training in the classroom through simulation courses that prepare you for transactional practice.
Recognizing that acquiring professional skills and values in a real world context is an essential component of legal education, BU Law guarantees every interested student at least one clinical opportunity during his or her second or third year of law school. Settings include courtrooms, government agencies, companies, and non-profit organizations in Boston, Washington DC, and other cities around the world. Since BU Law began offering clinical education in 1965, many of our students have won awards in recognition of their outstanding work in clinical placements.
Explore our experiential education opportunities:
- Civil Litigation Program
- Consumer Debt Clinic
- Criminal Law Clinical Program
- Entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property & Cyberlaw Program
- Environmental Law Practicum
- Immigrants’ Rights & Human Trafficking Program
- International Human Rights Clinic
- Legislative Policy & Drafting Clinic
- New York Pro Bono Scholars Program
- Sex Crimes Practicum
- Simulation Courses
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic