Kilachand Ambassadors Information
Kilachand Ambassadors are our official student representatives and hosts. With poise and alacrity, Ambassadors share their enthusiasm for Kilachand and Boston University with prospective and admitted students and their families. Ambassadors connect with prospective students through email and social media, and most importantly, during Kilachand events. As liaisons between Kilachand Honors College and visitors, Ambassadors are fundamental to Kilachand’s recruitment efforts and community. Please note that as in-person visit programming is currently suspended due to health and safety protocols, Kilachand Ambassadors will engage with visitors virtually during the fall 2020 semester.
During the 2020-21 academic year, Kilachand Ambassadors will:
- Feature their photo, short bio, and email address on our Ambassadors webpage
- Correspond with prospective and admitted students via email and social media
- Welcome visitors and give brief tours of Kilachand Hall (currently suspended)
- Attend meetings with the ambassador supervisor (1 fall 2020, 1 spring 2021)
- Staff Fall, Winter, and/or Spring Visit Day events (fall 2020, spring 2021)
- Write congratulatory postcards and emails to admitted students (spring 2021)
- Attend at least two of five Kilachand Open House events (spring 2021)
- Attend Kilachand Orientation events, as available (summer 2021)
- Other responsibilities, as requested
As representatives of the College, Ambassadors embody the highest ideals of Kilachand and BU. They demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication skills and ability to engage visitors, as well as an appreciation for the mission of Kilachand.
Ambassadors are expected to:
- Be in good academic standing in their home school or college and Kilachand
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward Kilachand and Boston University as exemplary representatives of both communities
- Provide a personalized, thoughtful, and genuine approach to visitor engagement
- Come to events prepared and appropriately attired
- Notify the ambassador supervisor of any academic conflicts they have with events
- Respond within 2-3 business days to prospective student email inquiries (copying email@example.com)
Benefits of the program include:
- Strengthening interpersonal and communication skills while helping others
- Opportunities to work with Kilachand administration
- Networking with visitors, alumni, faculty, peers, etc.
- Building your resume
The Kilachand Ambassador term is one academic year: fall, spring, and summer (where available). Sophomores, juniors, and seniors in good standing are eligible to apply. The 2020-21 application period is now closed.