Kilachand Ambassadors are our official student representatives and hosts. With poise and alacrity, Ambassadors share their enthusiasm for Kilachand and Boston University with prospective and admitted students and their families. Ambassadors connect with prospective students through email and social media, and most importantly, in-person conversation during Kilachand events. As liaisons between Kilachand Honors College and visitors, Ambassadors are fundamental to Kilachand’s recruitment efforts and community.
During the 2018-19 academic year, Kilachand Ambassadors will:
- Feature their photo, short bio, and email address on Kilachand’s Current Ambassadors webpage
- Correspond with prospective and admitted students via email and social media
- Welcome visitors who sit in on Kilachand classes, as requested
- Attend meetings with the ambassador supervisor and Team Leaders (1 fall 2018, 1 spring 2019)
- Attend Fall and/or Winter Visit Day (fall 2018, spring 2019)
- Write congratulatory postcards to admitted students (spring 2019)
- Attend at least two of five Open House Luncheons (spring 2019)
- Attend Orientation Luncheons, as available (summer 2019)
- Other responsibilities, as requested
As representatives of the College, Ambassadors embody the highest ideals of Kilachand and BU. They demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication skills and ability to engage visitors, as well as an appreciation for the mission of Kilachand.
Ambassadors are expected to:
- Be in good academic standing at their home school or college and Kilachand
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward Kilachand and Boston University as exemplary representatives of both communities
- Provide a personalized, thoughtful, and genuine approach to visitor engagement
- Come to events prepared and appropriately attired (i.e., blue polo and KHC nametag)
- Notify the ambassador supervisor of any academic conflicts they have with events
- Respond within 2-3 business days to prospective student email inquiries (copying firstname.lastname@example.org)
Benefits of the program include:
- Opportunities to work closely with University administration
- Networking with visitors, alumni, faculty, peers, etc.
- Building your resume
The Kilachand Ambassador term is one academic year (AY): fall, spring, and summer (if available). Interested students should complete the application by Friday, September 14. Students will be notified if they have been invited to participate by Wednesday, September 19, and will be expected to attend a welcome training in the fall. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors in good standing are eligible to apply.