All Kilachand Honors College students are expected to maintain high standards of academic honesty and integrity. Every Kilachand student must be aware of the University Academic Conduct Code and abide by its provisions. Further, Kilachand students are expected to abide by all other non-academic provisions set forth by Boston University and Kilachand Honors College. The following should guide students in achieving their educational goals.
KILACHAND STUDENTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING:
- Complete required Kilachand coursework, earning a grade of B or better in each course.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Attend two co-curricular events each semester.
- Reside in the required Kilachand first-year student housing.
- Not be separated from any Kilachand specialty housing community for judicial reasons.
- The Kilachand Honors College administration will review the performance and the participation of all Kilachand students at the close of each academic year.
- Students who do not meet one or any combination of these requirements in a semester will be placed on warning in Kilachand. Students on warning are not eligible to participate in Kilachand student groups, including KLAB, or select into Kilachand specialty residential communities, including as a Resident Assistant (RA). No student will be removed by the College from their current residence during a semester due to a warning status in Kilachand.
- Students on warning will develop an individual support plan with their advisor to help them make satisfactory progress toward graduation and will be expected to meet the goals outlined therein to remain enrolled in the college.
- Students who do not meet one or any combination of these requirements for a second consecutive year will be withdrawn from Kilachand.
- All students have the right to appeal their standing within the College.
Dissemination of Information
Students who do not meet one or any combination of these requirements will be notified of their Kilachand standing via email to their registered Boston University email address at the end of the fall or spring semester. A student’s Kilachand standing will not be made public when records or transcripts are shared. This information may be shared as necessary with other schools and colleges within Boston University. Dissemination of information is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
All Kilachand students are required to affirm that they have read the Kilachand Honors College Program Requirements by completing the affirmation form here.