All Kilachand Honors College students are expected to maintain high standards of academic honesty and integrity. Every Kilachand student must be aware of the University Academic Conduct Code and abide by its provisions. Further, Kilachand students are expected to abide by all other non-academic provisions set forth by Boston University and Kilachand Honors College. The following should guide students in achieving their educational goals.
Kilachand Students Must Meet the Following:
- Complete required Kilachand coursework, earning a grade of B or better. Grades of B- to D will not count toward Kilachand requirements but will count toward BU general education requirements.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.3.
- Earn a semester GPA of 3.3 each semester of enrollment in Kilachand.
- Attend and participate in the requisite number of enrichment experiences (formerly called co-curricular events) each semester.
- Reside in the required Kilachand first-year student housing.
- Not be separated from any Kilachand specialty housing community for judicial reasons.
- The Kilachand Honors College administration will review the performance and the participation of all Kilachand students to determine their standing at the close of each fall and spring semester.
- Students who do not meet one or any combination of these requirements in a semester will be placed on review in Kilachand. Students on review remain in good standing in Kilachand. Students in good standing are eligible to participate in Kilachand student groups and specialty residential communities, including as a Resident Assistant (RA).
- Students who do not meet one or any combination of these requirements for a second consecutive semester will be placed on warning. Students on warning are in poor standing in the College. Students in poor standing are not eligible to participate in Kilachand student groups and specialty residential communities, including as a Resident Assistant (RA).
- Students who do not meet one or any combination of these requirements for a third consecutive semester will be withdrawn from Kilachand.
- All students have the right to appeal their academic standing within the College.
Dissemination of Information
Students who do not meet one or any combination of these requirements will be notified of their Kilachand standing via email to their registered Boston University email address at the end of the fall or spring semester. A student’s Kilachand standing will not be made public when records or transcripts are shared. This information may be shared as necessary with other schools and colleges within Boston University. Dissemination of information is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
All Kilachand students are required to affirm that they have read the Kilachand Honors College Program Requirements by completing the affirmation form here.