Kilachand Honors College Academic Standards
All Kilachand Honors College students are expected to maintain high standards of academic honesty and integrity. Every Kilachand student must be aware of the University Academic Conduct Code and abide by its provisions. Furthermore, Kilachand students are required to abide by all other non-academic provisions set forth by Boston University and Kilachand Honors College. The following policies and procedures should guide students in achieving their educational goals.
To remain in good standing within Kilachand Honors College, students must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain good academic standing in their school or college of enrollment
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.3
- Receive a semester GPA of 3.3 each semester of enrollment in Kilachand
- Receive grades of B or better in Kilachand courses in the freshman and sophomore years and a B+ or better in Kilachand courses in the junior and senior years
- Successfully complete a keystone project
- Attend and participate in all required co-curricular activities
- Reside in the required Kilachand freshman housing
- Not be asked to vacate any Kilachand specialty housing community for judicial reasons
The Kilachand Honors College Administration will review the performance and the participation of students who do not meet some or all of the above-mentioned criteria to determine their standing at the close of each semester. Students who fail to meet some or all of the above criteria may be put on academic warning and considered to be in poor standing within Kilachand. All students have a right to appeal their academic standing within the college.
- Students who receive below a 3.0 GPA cumulative or semester GPA at the close of an academic semester will be put on academic warning and will not be in good standing within Kilachand. If a 3.3 cumulative GPA is not met by the close of the next semester of enrollment, the student will be withdrawn from Kilachand.
- Students who receive between a 3.0 and 3.29 GPA at the close of an academic semester will be placed on academic review in Kilachand and will remain in good standing. A student who does not meet a 3.3 cumulative GPA at the close of the next semester of enrollment will be put on academic warning and will not be in good standing within Kilachand. Failure to meet a cumulative 3.3 GPA at the close of the next semester of enrollment will result in withdrawal from Kilachand.
C. Dissemination of Information
Only notice of a student’s removal from the program is sent to the parent or guardian of dependent students. Dissemination of information is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
Students will be expected to sign a copy of the Kilachand Honors College Honor Code prior to the completion of their first semester. The signed copy will be kept in the student’s Kilachand Honors College file.
Note that this information may change at any time.