Helpful Information in Using CINTAX
- Documents and information you may need in order to complete your federal and state tax forms.
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Social Security Number or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- U.S. entry and exit dates for current and past visits to the U.S.
- W-2 Form
- 1042-S Form(only if your awarded scholarship exceeds tuition and required fees)
- 1099 Form
- Copy of your 2007 federal tax return and 8843 Form (if you
filed one last year)
- When filling in your name, please make sure to enter the name as it appears in your passport not a nickname.
- When completing information about the Director of the Academic Program, simply enter your academic advisor’s name and the department telephone number.
- When completing the Name of the Academic Institution or School that Sponsored your Current Immigration Status enter:
Boston University, ISSO
888 Commonwealth Avenue, 2nd Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
- Generally, your Country of Tax Residence is your Country of Permanent Residence which is NOT the U.S. unless you are a citizen of the U.S. or are a Legal Permanent Resident.
- You do not need a Social Security Number or an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) number in order to complete Form 8843.
- When using CINTAX, you will need to print out your tax form and mail it to the IRS.
- Make sure to keep a copy of all the documents you mail.
- If you are required to complete a state tax form, you will need
to complete this on your own by using other software or completing
a paper form.