News Calendar About Statistics FAQs Contact Links
 International Students & Scholars Office
 Students Scholars Administrators
  Tax Information
  2010 Tax Bulletin
  Cintax Login Information
  Cintax Helpful Information

Have you earned U.S. income and/or received scholarship funding?*


*A special note to scholarship students: Students who are awarded scholarships that exceed tuition and required fees should receive a Form 1042-S in the mail from your academic institution. U.S. tax law considers scholarships to be “earned wages” that are subject to U.S. tax withholding and require the submission of tax forms. If you have used your scholarship for living expenses and tuition, only the amount used for living expenses is taxable. The forms you must file are the same as those for a student who has earned U.S. income, so click “Yes”.


Boston University
February 28, 2005

Boston University International Students & Scholars Office April 6, 2006April 6, 2006