News Calendar About Statistics FAQs Contact Links
 International Students & Scholars Office
 Students Scholars Administrators
Prospective Students
    F-1 Students
    J-1 Students
      Obtain Student Visa
      Rights and Responsibilities
      Mandatory Reporting
      Transferring to BU
    Address Change
  Current Students

J-1 Students

Students will be issued a Form DS-2019 to apply for a J-1 visa at a United States Embassy or Consulate. Once issued the J-1 visa, students may enter the United States to pursue their educational objectives. The following section will give students information on how to apply for the J-1 visa and on the legal rights and responsibilities of students in J-1 status, including mandatory reporting at the International Student and Scholars Office and the proper procedures to follow if transferring to Boston University.


Boston University
February 28, 2005

Boston University International Students & Scholars Office