News Calendar About Statistics FAQs Contact Links
 International Students & Scholars Office
 Students Scholars Administrators
Prospective Scholars
Form B (Adobe PDF File)
Obtaining H-1 Visa
Obtaining J-1 Visa
J Financial Requirements
ISSO Scholar and Staff Schedule
Scholar Advising Assignments
ISSO Scholar Services Calendar
Scholar Services at BUMC
J-1 Scholar Orientation
I-9 Employment Eligibility
    When must I-9 be completed?
    Weekly I-9 times/appointments?
    I-9 completion - what to bring?
Wednesday Walk-In Hours
Current Scholars
Address Change
Social Security Card Application
J-1 Rights and Responsibilities
H-1 Rights and Responsibilities
J-1 Student Intern Evaluation
End of Employment Notification

Reporting Change of U.S. Address to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security

This section describes the important steps you must take if your living address in the United States changes during your stay.

Note : The terms address, living address, physical residence and physical address are used interchangeably in the following text and should all be considered to mean the address where you physically reside in the United States.

All nonimmigrants (except those in A or G status), 14 years of age or older, who will remain in the U.S. for 30 days or longer, are required by law to notify the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) within 10 days of any changes to their living address in the U.S . The parent or legal guardian of a nonimmigrant child under the age of 14 is responsible for notifying DHS of the child's change of address. Failure to comply with this requirement is a violation of immigration status that is punishable by fine or imprisonment and/or removal (“deportation”).

Click on the appropriate link below to learn the steps necessary to report your change of address:

Students:   Reporting a Change of Address

Scholars:   Reporting a Change of Address


Boston University
February 28, 2005

Boston University International Students & Scholars Office