Complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
To complete an I-9 as a student employee:
- 1Complete Section 1 of the electronic Form I-9. Instructions to F-1 students on how to complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 can be found here
- 2Present original documents showing your U.S. Employment Authorization, as outlined in Form I-9 instructions.
- For students in F-1 status: your on-campus work permission can be demonstrated by showing your passport, I-20 and I-94 (or print out).
- For students in J-1 status: your on-campus work permission can be demonstrated by showing a passport, DS-2019 and I-94 (or print out) along with J-1 student on-campus authorization.
- 3Once the I-9 is completed and an ISSO staff member has verified your employment eligibility documents, we will update the Student Employment system so that Student Payroll can issue your payroll checks.