on running reports from UIS to check the status of the international
student “semester verification”
Instructions on running reports from UIS to check the status of
the international student “semester verification”
- Log onto the “Faculty/Staff” Link.
- Scroll down to “Select Student List by College” under
- Follow the directions for selection.
- Select your college (you may choose to narrow your selection
by program and/or degree/level).
- Click on “Show Additional Options” on the bottom
of selection screen.
- Under Student Population - Click on “registered” and “eligible
- Choose “international students only”.
- If you wish to distinguish your new international students
beginning this semester from your continuing international student
population, you may also choose the appropriate selections under
Continuation Codes by eliminating “entering freshmen” or
the “new graduate student” selections.
- Push the “Get Population” Button.
(If the list of students is less than 500 and you wish to
view this online, go to Produce a list on your screen)
To Produce a list on your screen
- Select “International Students” to get the semester
- You may print this page.
To Produce a list on your desktop:
- Choose “Downloaded” from the top of the report screen
upon which your students appear.
- Select “International Students” - the International
Student Data Category for Downloading.
- Follow the instructions to save the dataset on your desktop.
Information about international students should appear either on
the downloaded list or on the screen list in the last three columns
on the far right side of the report. These columns will report the
immigration status of the international student, a date specifying
whether the student has completed the “Initial ISSO Check-in” at
the beginning of his/her academic program as well as the date whether
a continuing student has completed the “semester verification” for
the current semester. A notation of “required” indicates
that either the “Initial ISSO Check-in” or the “semester
verification” has not been completed.