Advising Current Students
The success of an international student in the US is enhanced with strong support from academic and professional campus resources, such as an academic advisor, faculty member, career counselor, tutor, or coach.
We’ve prepared some tools to help you assist international students in the following ways:
- Be aware of key immigration procedures that require advisor assistance.
- Understand on-campus and off-campus employment limits for international students and the required steps for Social Security application and work authorization.
- Help identify and assist an international student in crisis.
- Serve as an assigned Semester Verification administrator, run lists for your school, and assist in confirming students’ physical return to campus each term.
- Know the role of the ISSO and how we can help navigate questions about immigration, travel, and employment.