New IRB Submissions
The IRB must review and approve (or grant an exemption to) all research that involves human subjects.
The approval times vary on a number of factors, including:
- The completeness of the application
- The timing of the submission
- The time it takes for the Principal Investigator to respond to IRB requests
- The volume of submissions under review etc.
To submit an IRB application, review:
- Determine if your research requires IRB review
- Steps for submitting an IRB application
- What the IRB needs in order to approve
- Complete the necessary forms
To get a sense of the average time to IRB approval, please see last month’s IRB submission metrics.