Final Reports & Study Closures
The completion or termination of a research study is a change in activity and must be reported to the IRB.
If ALL of the below are true, your research study can be closed:
- The study is permanently closed to enrollment
- All subjects have completed all study procedures
- Data collection is complete
- Analysis of identifiable* (directly or indirectly) data is complete
- All identifiers* (including codes, links, or key to identifiers) have been destroyed
If your study has closed, please complete the Final Report Form and submit to the IRB.
* See the definitions list for additional clarity