Global Programs, as part of the Office of the Provost, advances Boston University’s global strategy and serves as a champion for global initiatives at home in Boston and abroad.
After more than 30 years of building a nationally recognized Playwriting Program—founded by Nobel Laureate Derek Walcott in 1981—BU now offers a three-year MFA in Playwriting that combines the best of our traditions with a new and exciting collaboration with the award-winning School of Theatre at Boston University.
Top stories of this issue of Bostonia include:
- Taste Makers: At Harpoon and Brooklyn Breweries, BU alums are crafting the next generation of beer
- Damages: What are the costs of the deadliest rock concert in American history? Two alums approach the Station nightclub fire from different sides.
- Love Me Tender: Nicole Daley helps young teens find the way to healthy relationships
- What Is Life?: The answer depends on whom you ask
- Revelations: Marc Maron’s WTF podcast gives millions of listeners something different: reality Video
- Cricket Gets Some Respect (Again): A popular sport abroad climbs out of baseball’s shadow Video