Boston University’s award-winning Interactive Design team is expanding and we’re looking to add some conceptual firepower.
We’re seeking an Associate Creative Director who has strong digital chops to lead the charge on a variety of projects, from large websites to editorial stories to mobile applications. A conceptual thinker, they have the ability to motivate teams to do breakthrough work. The ACD is a leader, collaborator, strategic problem solver, and gifted storyteller who is relentless in pursuit of the big idea, and sets the conceptual bar high for the entire creative team. Their design craft is impeccable. Consistently generates big ideas that are feasible and effective—while fostering an environment of collaboration across the entire department.
Our ideal candidate has experience concepting and executing across multiple mediums and platforms—digital, broadcast, traditional, social, OOH, and emerging technology. An expert multitasker and extremely versatile, the ACD will manage large site builds, collaborate with Content Strategy to create brand positioning and messaging platforms for a range of clients at the University, partner with Editorial on digital storytelling projects, oversee content development, and also take a hands-on approach in crafting award-winning concepts and designing amazing sites. The ACD reports to the Executive Creative Director.
- Develop and produce cross-platform communications for schools and departments as well as editorial publications.
- Supervise the interactive design process—Information Architecture, Wireframing, Visual Design, User Experience, and Front-End Development—and collaborate with content strategists, designers, and developers throughout the build of a project.
- Create a range of breakthrough, viable concepts and designs for each assignment, demonstrating a strategic approach with high attention to detail.
- Propel projects forward by providing creative direction and strategic oversight to resolve challenges and keep the team focused and on schedule.
- Inspire and motivate creative teams to develop creative work of the highest caliber, while also producing work of their own.
- Comfortable working with multiple creative partners and collaborating across various departments.
- Collaborate closely with editors/writers from Editorial team. Serve as Interactive Design’s liaison to ensure the creation and delivery of best-in-class digital storytelling.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and make learning-based recommendations for clients and the department.
- Be proactive, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, and innovative.
- Create great work, while still having a life beyond the office.
- 7-10 years of comprehensive experience in interactive design, integrated campaigns, and creative direction.
- Extraordinary creative ability and communication skills. Ability to oversee and direct the work of writers, designers, and others.
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and understanding of content management systems such as WordPress.
- Personnel management skills essential.
- Superb time management and project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience helpful across multiple mediums—TV, print, digital, and nontraditional—and with SEO, social campaigns, data analytics, and application/software design or emerging technologies such as VR and AR.
- A masterful presenter with ability to articulate complex interactive design principles, brand positioning, creative platforms, advertising messaging—even to the most uninitiated of audiences.