Student Leadership Council
The Innovate@BU Student Leadership Council (SLC) is a selected group of diverse BU students who are committed to furthering Innovate@BU’s mission of enabling BU Terriers to become drivers of innovation in their own lives, careers, and communities.
Since opening in February 2018, hundreds of students and community members have visited our home on campus, the BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center, for programs, events, office hours, co-working space, and more. The SLC will:
- Represent student organizations’ interests on Innovate@BU programs.
- Design and facilitate events and programs that foster a connected and engaging innovation ecosystem at BU.
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of signature programs and events including educational workshops, Innovation Pathway, Innovation Week, Summer Accelerator, and more.
- Serve as an advocate and community promoter for Innovate@BU programs, events, and resources.
- You are passionate about innovation and connecting BU Terriers to the resources available on campus and in the City of Boston.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and have the desire to continue to develop these skills throughout the academic year.
- You are a current (or rising) sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Design and/or lead in Innovate@BU programs.
- Assist with outreach and promotion of the Innovate@BU mission and its programs within your School/College, clubs, and campus networks. Be enthusiastic and willing to share your own experiences with the BU community and campus visitors.
- Host informational office hours with BU students.
- Participate in bi-monthly meetings.
- Organize (at least 1) Innovation Week event in spring 2019.
- Be a part of the IDEA 2019: Innovate@BU Conference planning committee.
- Identify new programming, partnership, and promotion opportunities for the BUild Lab and Innovate@BU.
- Be a champion for innovation and entrepreneurship across campus!
- Approximately 10 hours per month:
- 2 monthly group meetings hosted the BUild Lab.
- 8 hours committed to planning, supporting, or facilitating events and programs.
- This is a year-long commitment beginning fall 2018 through the spring 2019 semester.
Serving on the SLC is a valuable leadership opportunity. Specifically, you will:
- Deepen your connections to experts within the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems at the BUild Lab and across the City of Boston.
- Gain leadership, presentation, and communication skills while making a significant impact on fellow BU students.
- Be publicly recognized for leadership role at Innovate@BU programs and communication channels.
- Have tons of fun with the Innovate@BU and SLC community members!
I’m Interested! What’s Next?!
Beginning fall 2018, we’re looking for 5-6 students to serve on the first SLC!
Fall 2018 Application & Selection Dates:
- Monday, July 9: Application opens
- Friday, September 28, 5 pm: Applications Close
- Monday, October 1 – Friday, October 5: 10/1-Friday, 10/5: Interviews with Innovate@BU staff
- Tuesday, October 9: SLC cohort members announced; all applicants will be notified
- Friday, October 12, 10am-12pm: SLC mandatory kickoff and training session