Summer Accelerator Program
Launch your idea through the Innovate@BU Summer Accelerator!
BU students and recent alumni (one year since graduating) can start transforming their early-stage venture ideas (creative, tech, social, consumer) into impact through our 10-week guided accelerator program.
Meet the 2019 Cohort
2019 Program Details & Application Process
When is it? Monday, June 3, 2019 – Friday, August 9, 2019 (10 weeks), at the BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center.
What does the program include?
- Two required weekly workshops focused on startup topics including validating your idea, market research, legal considerations, marketing, funding, and building a team. Multiple optional weekly workshops will also be offered based on the needs of participating teams. Past examples include: how to build a board, market research resources at Questrom, conducting interviews, public speaking, etc.
- Mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs.
- Connections to subject-matter experts and innovators.
- Learn from an engaged group of fellow entrepreneurs.
- Final Showcase event to panel of investors and community members.
The extra perks:
- $10,000 stipend per team.
- Workspace at the BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center (with plenty of free coffee).
- You are a current BU student or alumni team with an early-stage idea (one-year since graduation). Only one person on the team needs to be a BU student or alumni.
- Your team is committed to the idea. You are eager to work on the idea full-time, and plan to continue work after the Summer Accelerator has ended.
- For Full members, at least one team member is committed to working on the idea full time (40+hrs/week) during the program. The team member should work out of the BUild Lab at least 50% of the time.
- At least one team member attends mandatory workshops sessions (2x/week).
Teams can apply for Full Membership or Associate Membership depending on your teams’ needs and qualifications. Full Membership includes all of the benefits and requirements listed above. Associate Membership access is limited to weekly workshops and does not include a stipend.
Application & Program Dates:
- Saturday, March 2: Applications Open
- Wednesday, March 20: Applications Close
- Monday, March 25 by 5 pm EST: Applicants will receive notification if they have been invited to interview for the Full Member Program
- Wednesday, March 27 – April 4: 15 minute in-person interviews conducted at the BUild Lab
- Friday, April 5: Alert all teams of Full or Associate Team status
- Friday, April 26: Publicly announce Summer Accelerator Team at the Innovation Week Finale, 6-9pm at BU Photonics Building
- Monday, June 3: Summer Accelerator begins!
- Friday, August 9: Summer Accelerator ends