Startup Bootcamp: Spring 2018
Saturday, March 24th, 2018
BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center
Is your inner-entrepreneur calling? Join Innovate@BU for a one-day bootcamp to learn the building blocks of launching a startup! Come with an idea or a curiosity for learning what it takes to get a new venture off the ground.
- Open to all startup ideas: creative, social impact, tech, and consumer ventures.
- Taught by BU faculty and successful entrepreneurs.
- Includes one-on-one mentoring session with a startup expert.
- Ticket prices range from $10-$30 and includes lunch.
Open to BU Community and public.
- Market Validation: How do you test whether you have a good idea or not? This session will teach specific techniques from a customer perspective on how you can quickly validate your idea.
- Lean Startup: You will be introduced to the concepts of the lean startup, including building a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) that helps test customer demand.
- Marketing: This session will help you face the challenges of building customer demand for your product when you have minimal resources.
- Legal Issues: Major mistakes can be made when companies are formed that can lead to lasting consequences. In this segment, an experienced corporate attorney will teach you best practices and how to avoid those big mistakes.
- Building the Team: Putting the right team in place can be crucial to an early stage startup. This session focuses on recruiting a strong team and how to build a winning culture.
- Financing Your Business: Here you will learn the different sources of early stage capital and how to access it. From Kickstarter to venture capital, what is right for your business?