Be sure to set a strong password!
- Go to the Options menu
- Scroll down to Security Options and click it
- Click General Settings
- Click the option for Password
- Choose the Enable option
- Enter your new password on the next screen. (If no screen appears, you may have already set a password for another application)
- Set your number of password attempts. This is how many times you can guess your password before your phone is wiped/blanked of all its memory. Use with caution.
- Set the amount of time you want on Security Timeout – the idle time until your phone automatically locks itself.
- Select yes or no for prompt on application install.
Reset your Blackberry:
Resetting your Blackberry is slightly more of a complicated process in comparison to other types of smartphones. We recommend Backing Up your device prior to resetting it: