IHSIP Fall Conference: Forces Shaping the Future of Health & Healthcare
IHSIP Fall Conference 2017: Forces Shaping the Future of Health and Healthcare
On Monday, October 16th, The Boston University Institute for Health System Innovation & Policy (IHSIP) and the Questrom School of Business presented a day of discussion on the future of health and health care with support from IBM Watson Health.
This installment of the Massachusetts Competitive Partnership Speaker Series was hosted by the IHSIP, the Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering, and their joint initiative, the Digital Health Initiative.
We would like to sincerely thank all of our esteemed panelists and audience members for their participation in this event. Please find videos of the first and third panel sessions as well as more information about our panelists below.
Session 1 – Healthcare 2045
- Jonathan Peck – President & Senior Futurist, Institute for Alternative Futures
- Kevin Outterson– N. Neal Pike Scholar in Health and Disability Law, Boston University School of Law; Executive Director of CARB-X
- Renee N. Salas– Attending Physician, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Wilderness Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital; Instructor in Emergency Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Wilson W. Wong– Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Boston University College of Engineering
Session 2 – Digital Health Matrix: Options for 2020 and Beyond
- Venkat Venkatraman – David J. McGrath Jr. Professor in Management, Questrom School of Business, Boston University
- Veronica Adamson – Director of Group Strategy, Philips
- Robert Dann – Portfolio Marketing Director of IBM Watson Health
- Sunny Ramchandani – Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Aetna Inc.
Session 3 – MACP Digital Health Speaker Series: Transforming the Healthcare Workforce for Tomorrow’s World – “Learning to Fly by Instruments”
- Nick Dougherty– Program Director of PULSE@MassChallenge
- Andrei Lapets– Director of Research Development and SAIL, Rafik B. Hariri Institute for Computing and Computational Science & Engineering
- Steven Strongwater– President and CEO of Atrius Health
- Kate Walsh– President and CEO of the Boston Medical Center (BMC) health system