The Institute for Health System Innovation and Policy is a major, university-wide institute that brings together the broad and deep capacities of Boston University to provide value in addressing the challenges of the health sector in the United States and globally.
The work of the Institute includes facilitating and delivering high quality research and education, always with the goal of creating real-world impact. We link together a comprehensive group of healthcare related schools and specialty programs, operating within the global healthcare hub of Boston, based in Massachusetts, a national and international leader in innovation.
The Institute for Health System Innovation and Policy will:
- Drive innovation through interdisciplinary expertise and research that promotes effective generation, incubation, facilitation, development, and crosslinking of ideas and disciplines.
- Identify opportunities to solve immediately relevant health and healthcare delivery problems as well as forecast emerging healthcare delivery issues with data-driven solutions.
- Support progressive innovation while seeking development of disruptive technologies to drive quantum improvement in health and healthcare.
- Exert global influence for positive change in population health and healthcare.
- Leverage the broad expertise of the Boston University academic community to achieve these goals. The value of the Institute lies in effective coordination diverse disciplines including basic science, engineering, sociology, business, psychology, education, law, medicine, public policy, economics, and public health. These will lead to novel research, innovation and comprehensive solutions to problems affecting health and healthcare delivery, and ultimately healthcare outcomes.
- Provide a platform for student and faculty research and education.
- Advance the development of sophisticated simulation models for problem solving in healthcare and healthcare delivery and become a leader in promoting and developing learning healthcare systems.