2003-05-24 Update -
As of today, our financial aid pool is fully committed and we can no
longer make offers of aid.
Guidelines for financial aid (though 2003-05-24):
We are able to offer some financial assistance to a limited number
of conference participants. In evaluating requests for aid, we will
look to the following:
- Aid requests will only be accepted from registered participants
paying the conference fee.
- To encourage participation by graduate students and postdoctoral
fellows working in the field of Milky Way astrophysics, we intend
to offer most of the aid to these participants.
- Evidence of institutional support is a positive factor. You should
first try to find support locally.
- Requests from small, underserved, or non-PhD granting institutions
will take priority over other requests.
- Financial assistance will normally take the form of reimbursement
for coach fair airline travel on US flag carriers and/or waiver of
the housing fee.
- The maximum individual assistance level is expected to be the smaller
of: $650 -or- the sum of the airline cost and the housing fee.
- Honoraria or other cash dispersals will not be considered.
To request conference financial assistance, please send a summary of
your status (graduate student, postdoc, etc.) and the basis of your
need via email to Dan Clemens, Chair,
Local Organizing Committee.