If Injured at Work (Charles River Campus)
If you or a colleague is injured at work, immediate medical care is vital.
If the injury is an emergency:
- Call the Boston University Police Department at 617-353-2121, and then call the Occupational Health Center at 617-353-6630 to report the injury and the hospital treating the injured employee. If the injury is research-related, you must also call BU’s Research Occupational Health Program at 617-414-7647.
- The supervisor must contact Risk Management at 617-353-3020 to report the accident and complete an Accident Report and Analysis Form.
- The injured employee must schedule an appointment with the Occupational Health Center within 24 hours after being discharged.
If the injury is not an emergency:
- The injured employee must be evaluated at the Occupational Health Center during normal hours of operation (M–F, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.)
- All research-related injuries must be reported to Research Occupational Health Program (617-414-7647)
- Report the accident to the employee’s supervisor.
- The supervisor must complete an Accident Report and Analysis Form within 24 hours of the accident and fax it in to Risk Management at 617-353-8028.
- Secure the accident scene.
- If a hazardous condition exists, the supervisor should contact the Control Desk at Facilities Management & Planning (617-353-2105) and/or Environmental Health & Safety (617-353-4094).
- If the injured employee receives medical care outside the University, he or she must schedule an appointment with the Occupational Health Center before returning to work.
- If the injury is research-related, the Research Occupational Health Program should be informed when the employee is returning to work.
- The employee must keep his or her supervisor informed of plans to return to work.
The Occupational Health Center is available to supervise for medical consultations at 617-353-6630.
Charles River Campus Contact Information
25 Buick Street, 1st Floor
Where to Go for Treatment
Contact the Boston University Police Department at 617-353-2121 and follow their instructions, or go to any area hospital or primary care physician.
Occupational Health Center
930 Commonwealth Avenue (entrance on Pleasant Street)
Hours of operation: M–F, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Boston Medical Center
751 Albany Street
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
One Deaconess Road, W/CC-2
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
75 Francis Street
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center
William F. Connell
736 Cambridge Street
For all work-related injuries or illnesses not seen initially at the Occupational Health Center, call the Occupational Health Center Call-In Line within 24 hours at 617-353-6630.