What the Program Covers
The Tuition Remission Program covers undergraduate and graduate courses taken by you or your spouse and undergraduate courses taken by your dependent children.
The program applies only to courses offered by Boston University. No assistance is provided for courses taken at other colleges or universities.
Tuition Remission does not cover room and board, fees, and other expenses, (e.g. books, lab fees, etc.).
Registration fees and other fees, except the Continuing Student Fee, must be paid by covered students when they register for courses as those fees and expenses are not covered by Tuition Remission. Covered students also must pay for their books, lab fees, late fees, and any necessary classroom materials as those fees and expenses are not covered by Tuition Remission.
Courses Not Covered
Tuition Remission benefits are not granted for:
- Applied music fees
- Courses offered through the School of Medicine (except for master’s degree program courses in the School of Public Health and courses offered in the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences)
- Courses offered through the School of Dental Medicine
- Courses offered for all executive graduate programs, such as the Executive Master of Business Administration, the Executive Master of Science in Investment Management, and the Executive Master in Business Administration in Health Care
- Courses offered for the Accelerated Master of Human Resource Education
- Non-credit courses or courses awarding Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Room, board, and non-tuition portion of study abroad programs (for example, air fare and books)
- Courses not offered for credit, such as the courses offered at the Center for English Language & Orientation Programs and Continuing Education and Professional Practice Programs at Metropolitan College (co-op programs)
- Online courses